Saturday, August 13, 2011
Oh Sweet Pea, won't you dance with me?
I sat down at the kitchen corner table and said to Nate with pouting eyes & sad face "GOSH....I wish I could just pee on a stick & two magical pink lines would appear!!!"
I wish I may I wish I might! Have this wish I wish tonight!
Well, then on Thursday August 11th came around I am sitting here wondering... where is aunt FLOW? She's late & that never happens. I thought gosh this is silly I know I'm not pregnant because I asked Jesus for a baby on my birthday on August 4th & the pink lines said NO! I said to Jesus. It's fine. I know that you know the plans for me. Good ones.....
Little baby Olive Oertel makes her appearance to the world... and little do you know.... I have two pink lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My heart dropped to the floor... or should I say flew to the ceiling of our tiny tiny tiny bathroom. SERIOUSLY! TWO PINK LINES! JESUS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! NO IT"S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Last week you said no... but I was!!! I took yet again another test TOO early! Silly me!!!!!! Nate? Where is Nate? Oh he's at the Rivera's playing Dominion. No that won't do! He's gotta come home! I called him up excitedly!!! while attempting to be non-challant" Hey Nate, whatcha doing? You are other people? Walk away... ummm yeah just walk away.. it's cool." By this point I'm giggling like a school girl saying TWO PINK LINES! TWO PINK LINES.
So he comes home & we dance around like children. Parents? HAHAHAHAH Just grown up children I say!
A few days later I already found myself a Doula & a Midwife. Went in for my first appointment. I was determined to be around 5 weeks pregant. Took some blood all the regular.
I remember feeling sad that I wasn't sick at all for week 5 wondering what was wrong. Telling Stephanie that I wished I was sick so I would know everything was ok! She laughed & said " I'll quote you on that... you don't want to be sick"
This week my baby is the size of a sweet pea & I'm excited to think that maybe I'll get to be MOMMY!
I keep singing " Oh Sweet Pea Oh Won't you dance with me? Common Common Common and be my girl... (or boy)."
Started our little project this week: Tell you more next post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love