CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??????? No..... not that I feel like a watermelon, or that Mateo is the size of a watermelon.... I finish week 36 up in a few days I can't believe I made it. This little watermelon is ready for labor! Any day is fine with us now. He's healthy & safe & completely ready for this world (well is anyone completely ready for this world? lol.
This week was especially fun because my midwife appointments switch to weekly now & I can have her check my progress if I wish. I did wish with this visit... It really doesn't bother me to know- I know some people might get irritated thinking about progression, and such but I was just so curious to know if my body had any idea of what to start preparing for... which amazingly it DOES! I am dilated to about a 1 & 60% effaced!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's not an indicator of anything other than the fact that my body has been having contractions(which I haven't' felt or known), and it knows exactly what to do!!!!!!! So for me that is incredible! I feel super confident now that my body will know what to do when it's time & the Lord will lead me! I'm ready for the natural childbirth, I'm excited to go drug free, and I'm praying that the water tub helps with pain!
Speaking of watertubs... We did a visit of the hospital this week & I am actually pretty sad about it. Besides feeling pretty old (like a run down nursing home- AND VERY SAD that the new maternity ward has been delayed SOOOOO many times that now it's original January date is pushed back to July- SO LAME) it's also pretty small in the postnatal section & the waterbirth room is a closest... no seriously. I think they stuffed this giant tub into a closet room.... it's super disturbing for me because I'm kinda of claustrophobic & the idea of stuffing me, my doula, my husband, my midwife & maybe a nurse into the TINY room without any windows is actually impossible. So I had prepared myself to check out the other nicer/newer hospital in town.... sadly they only have one tub & it's down for the next 5 weeks. AGGGGG. So my midwife said instead of shutting the door for the closet we will just put up a curtain. No freaking wonder people have births in TP's hahahha. So much more beautiful! lol. Oh well I will survive. I'm going to just stop thinking about it & roll with it. All that is important is that I have a healthy baby in my arms sometime in the next month.
Swelling has reached an all time high this week. My toes are like sausages, my ankles have turned into kanckles, and I've got rolls like a 7 month old baby. hahahhah. I must say I'm looking forward to birth so that I can't drop some water retention already! I'm tired of being a swollen poofball. lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love