So today Nate took off work after lunch with claims to a doctors appointment. We went & got some delicious reality bites for lunch. Best. Food. Ever! Brushetta, yummus hummus, and nachos! So good!
Then we headed on over to my midwife appointment!
I was pretty nervous hoping that my baby was still alive in there. And hoping my midwife would let me stop the death pills of sick. She started with the handheld doppler & took what felt like forever to my anxious heart. I just layed there praying " dear lord PLEASE let my baby be alive! PLEASE! I want it ! I want It!" but alas nothing. :( So then she said you might have a tilted uterus... ??? She asked if I had low back pain and I'm like " Yes ALWAYS, it's the story of my life" So we went to the sonogram room & did a neat kind of on the belly sonogram. The lady in there kept saying... wow it's really back there! LOL. Uggg I'm like where is my baby?????????? And then she found him/her snuggled back hiding all deep in the caverns of my strange body. WOW it's got a HEAD! I swear it's smiling! I can see the little eye, ear, nose, and mouth and It totally SMILING! Nate says I'm mamma crazy but I honest to goodness can see that little smile! ANd they found the heartbeat! and when I heard those galloping little horsy beats across the screen my heart lifted in joy! Thank you Jesus my baby lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We also asked about the due date because they gave me three different dates last time. Technically speaking I'm 11 weeks 4 days. I'm due April 16th. Kari's Birthday! But when they did a measurement chart dating for better accuracy they dated me at just 11 weeks. That due date is April 20th. Molly's N's Birthday! So either way this baby is determined to show up on one of my bridesmaids birthdays.
The doctor wanted to just keep April 16th but my midwife advised we do the April 20th so there is less pressure for getting the baby out if it wants to stay put a few extra days. So we choose April 20th! Earth Day. Marijuana Day. Pot smoking time... all that insanity! buttttt Molly's Birthday. I think I will call Molly today & tell her the good news.
So we will really try to take photos tonight when nate gets home for the 11 weeks. Sorry I missed 10 weeks. I couldn't handle it.
Until then!!!!!!!!!
Galloping horses & living babies


Yayayy! So happy for you! What a thoughtful gift from Steph, and what a gift God has given you in the belly my friend! We're just giddy-uping over here in anticipation. When can you tell the world??? I can't wait much longer...love you mama!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I had no idea you were posting so often! So sorry for not getting here sooner. Story of my life...my to do list keeps growing and I forget half the things that are on it. And Olive is screaming after a few minutes of reading this,....gotta go but I'll be back! xo
ReplyDelete