Today I went in to the midwife for my 41st week appointment. So sad to have to show my face there again... I was really hoping I'd have a baby in my arms & be at the pediatrician instead... lol. But I just LOVE my midwife & all the amazing staff there. They feel like friends. I really do enjoy it.
We had to do a fetal heart monitor & stress test since I'm past the due dates. They just hooked me on up & I had to push this button thing every time he moved. The little machine showed his heart rate & stuff & this white paper printed out for the 30 minutes I was in there with the little squiggle lines for his heart beating. I just laid there hearing thud thud thud. Best sound in the world. The whole time I was thinking of my friend jason & his lovely wife Alison. Because i'm sure her fav sound in the world is her husbands new heart thud thud thud healthy & alive in his beating chest! He successfully came out of a heart transplant surgery this morning!!!!!!! beautiful amazing sounds.
I think back to my post at 20 weeks - galloping horses- the best sound in the world. It's still just as true. I just love to hear mateo's little heart beating.
Everything seemed healthy today. No progression still. No more dilation. Still barely a 1. waaaaa. I'll go back in this friday to do another monitor. Just make sure he's ok in there. I'm really hoping it's just gonna be like my mom & when they start they will start & go for real & go fast. I'm still holding out hope for natural all the way!!!!!!!!!!
The stretch marks have come to an all time low... meaning they are spreading like wildfire across my belly. Tracy... girl on fire.... seriously they itch & burn all day, all night. I am constantly slathering my belly with burts bees lanolin & coco butter to no avail.... ullllll
I will miss things about pregnancy I suppose-althought I think most women that state they just miss pregnancy & loved being pregnant SOOOOO much, sit on a throne of lies... lol.
I think they just forget how wretched the whole thing is... bahahahah.
But I will really miss feeling him move inside my belly (seriously one of the neatest & most fantastic things I've ever felt) how my heart trembles when I don't feel that for awhile. I will also miss going to my midwives office & hearing his heart beat on the doppler. Another miracle! I just LOVE it! I'll miss the attention. teehee. It's so fun to have strangers smile at you & ask you when you are due. Also there is this crazy phenomenon that happens between pregnant ladies & new parents... the one where you are out & see someone with a new baby & you go over & admire their baby...just instantly becoming friends... haha the world of conversation is at our fingertips. I've never met you- but we are life givers! We are in this together... all the comradery! I wonder if that will continue with other moms once I have the babe?
Waking up a lot these nights. Not as much to pee but because my hips are in pain... and the wildfire belly... lol.
Soon oh soon!
Also I have the best most thoughtful people in my life.... seriously. I got home from this sad news appointment to have this delightful gift waiting for me! Seriously between my friend Lizzy & Stephanie I've been spoiled rotten with gifts on my doorstep this pregnancy.
Today Lizzy sent me this!!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the love