Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tick Tock It's A Clock

Yes another hunger games reference... lol.

So I will be heading back into my midwife to check on everything baby wise on Friday. If no progression has been made little mateo is getting an eviction notice....lol. So tick tock little man... it's a clock out here & you are running out of TIME! Get things going in there mister! I don't want to be induced. I did some research on studies done concerning the increased risks of a c-section with induction & man alive they are high!


The authors looked more closely at the 4,863 women who delivered and had no medical risk factors or pregnancy complications. The overall C-section rate for those women was 25.5%. Being induced doubled the risk of ending up with a C-section, from 13.6% to 25.5% (eeeeek)

In other words, it was induction itself that increased the risk for C-section, not pregnancy complications or other risk factors. In the case of the indicated inductions the increased risk for C-section is justified by the benefit of reducing perinatal deaths. However, there is no offsetting benefit for inductions without medical indication.

So as you can see from this study (and many others I found) if I do this whole induction thing my risks increase a buttload. Not to mention the other risks of the drugs administered. I mean drugs are amazing & everything. lol. Like the fact that we created a synthetic form of a natural hormone... miraculous... but honestly no synthetic anything is as good as the real deal that God designed from the mud...lol. & there are lots of side effects & the fact that I don't think I can handle induction without pain meds. I hear it's terrible pain. Unbelievabe. I think I'll still try but my chance without them but my chance of an epidural or narcotics is quite high. Days like this make me wish medical marajuana was legal in Illinois! WAY less risks there! Or like laughing gas? WHY NOT? the dentists love it... i love it... hahahah

I must say it's good to know that in less than a week even if they have to cut him out of me... I'll be a mama!!!!!!! I'll have a beautiful son!!!!!!!!!! I'll have a whole new life & a whole new set of worries! OH GOODIE! Anyways trying to trust that God knows the plan, that my body was made to do this, and maybe JUST maybe with the impending eviction notice mateo will get outta there before tick tock ends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love